Do you know what the Google My Business is? Google My Business is a free and user-friendly tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. With the help of verifying and editing your business information, you can help customers to find you and tell them the story of your business.
Till this time we could only update –
- Business info for locations
- Add multiple owners
- Update business Hours
- Add logo, profile, cover photos
- The Introduction/Description field
- Create and update posts, etc.
But now Google My Business is bringing videos to the photos dashboard, allowing business owners to upload videos, and view videos uploaded by customers. The facility for businesses to upload videos to their own listing is a brand new feature, and could prove to be a helpful marketing tool.
How do I Upload Videos to Google my business?
To add video to your Google My business, you have to
- Go to the Google My Business dashboard and click on the “photos,”
- Then select the “video” link at the top.
- After it loads, select the option to “Post Videos.”
- Drag and drop the video to the box.
- The video will begin uploading.
- After the video is uploaded, it can take some time for the video to process and show up in your view.
Benefits of Using Google My Business
- Manage your information – With the help of Google My Business, Business owners can manage their information as they want to show. It is the information that your customers can see when they search for your Business on Google.
- Helps to Interact with customers – Business owners can interact with their customers by replying to their reviews on you business page. With the help of photos or posts business owners can get more clicks.
- Understand and expand your online presence – It will help business owners to expand the online presence of your Business.
- Everything in one platform – Every information regarding your business will be on one place; it includes everything a potential customer may need to evaluate your products or services: business’s name, address, phone number, description and reviews.
Verification process in Google My Business
Once you have added your business information then your next step will be requesting verification. Now Google wants to find your business honest and not fraud in order to provide comprehensive local listings to users.
Some time ago you could get your business verified in seconds with a call; still for some businesses verification is possible through a phone call or email. But in most cases, business owners are able to verify their businesses through a postcard with a unique code from Google. When you have received that unique code, enter it into your business page & the business verified.