What comes to your mind when you hear the term “guest blogging in SEO”? We are pretty sure that you can’t go beyond thinking of it as some sort of blogging as a guest on somebody else’s platform. Well, if you guessed it in a similar fashion, you are right.
There are many things connected with this term and carries a great significance in link building that eventually help you gain long-term SEO success. In this blog post, we will discuss a few things in detail –
- What is guest blogging?
- What are the benefits of guest blogging?
- How to do guest blogging?
- What shouldn’t you do while doing guest posting?
What is guest blogging?
Whether you call it guest blogging or posting, both are the same. Blogging is a method of writing something about a topic on your website, and to make it effective, you should stick to at least writing 700-1000 words per post unless it’s a micro-blogging platform. On the other hand, when you write a blog for other websites, it is known as guest blogging.
What are the benefits of guest blogging?
Guest blogging can help your website in numerous ways –
- Improved Search Ranks
Most of the blogging platforms that support guest posting, provide the authors to put their website link on the “author profile”. If the website where you are writing a guest article is relevant to your industry and has high authority, your website could earn a high-quality backlink from that website. As a result, your website’s search engine ranks are improved.
2. More Audience Reach
When you do guest posting for a trustworthy and relevant website from your industry, you get easy access to a new audience base that may not have previously heard of your business. The audience base is actually the one for whom you are writing the blog. It leads you to get an opportunity to grab the attention of those new followers by providing them accurate information on a topic beneficial for them, as well as making them your potential fans or a lead for your business.
3. Higher Website Authority & Credibility
When you create and publish user-informative and thoroughly researched blogs for other high-domain authority websites, you get to be recognized by their web readers as a subject matter expert. On the other hand, Google or other search engines increase your website’s authority and credibility in that particular niche in search engine results due to earning quality backlinks from those high DR websites.
How to do guest blogging?
1. Finding Relevant & Reputed Blog Websites
Suppose you mainly run a tourism website where you guide people about the top traveling destinations in a specific location, how to accommodate the cheap and the best hotels or restaurants, etc. But if you start writing guest blogging for a gambling website, it’s of no use for your website because their readers are not going to take any action that will eventually help your website grow. That’s why it is always preferable to choose relevant websites from your industry or niche. However, you can write blogs for tours & travel companies, hotels, and restaurants. These will be in connection with your tourism niche and would help their audience gain knowledge about their next traveling destination in an engaging way as they get all the required details under the same roof. In return, you will acquire a high-quality backlink from that respective website.
But the question is how to find relevant websites among millions of sites available on the web in a short span. Well, the answer is – Content Explorer. This tool helps find relevant websites in a very short time. And with its advanced filters, you can filter out high-domain authority websites with your primary keyword.
2. Make Compelling Pitch
After you sort out the list of relevant websites with high DR (Domain Rating – Min 50), make sure to reach out to those blog owners in an effective way. Let us give you a few tips while you pitch them to be a guest blogger for their sites.
Firstly, it is vital to pitch to individual persons if you have their email or contact details to build a direct collaboration. But if you don’t get any contact details of individualized persons, contact them through the website contact form directly. Also, if you find these options on their website, don’t forget to communicate with them through these options –
- Post a Guest Article.
- Become an Author.
- Guest Post.
- Write for Us.
Secondly, highlight the value your content can bring them. Never approach for the backlinks only. Instead, help them understand how your content can benefit their readers.
3. Create High-Quality Content
Before you start writing any blog for other websites, make sure you have gone through their guidelines for guest post contributors. Also, it is a must to analyze their existing blogs or articles to familiarize yourself better with their style, tone, and audience engagement. These insights will help you create user-engaging and informative content that doesn’t only make their readers engage with the post more but also make the website owner happy. As a result, you would easily earn a high-quality backlink that helps increase your site authority and search rankings.
What shouldn’t you do while doing guest posting?
- The PageRank formula on Google works on a page-by-page basis. It generally means that even a low-authority domain can have high-authority pages. So in case you are unable to find enough high-authority websites to write guest postings, you should not ignore low-authority websites when the page you are targeting to acquire a link has high Page Authority.
2. While writing blogs on somebody else’s websites, make sure that they allow the guest contributors to put at least one link on the “author bio”. Otherwise, you will have a negligible benefit while writing for those website owners and can’t acquire a backlink. Remember, you are doing guest blogging, not ghostwriting.
3. Don’t write guest blogs with the intention of promoting your brands only on other websites. It gives a bad impression to the blog owners that you are only promoting your brand on their platform rather than creating user-engaging information for their audience.
4. Not maintaining a proper record for the bloggers you have reached may lead to sending or contacting them more than once with the same pitch. It casts a negative impression on your relationship with that specific blog owner. They may think you are a careless person. Further, while contacting them, try to find their real name from their “About Us or Author Bio” and address them by their name instead of addressing them as “blog manager, blog owner, or even website owner”. It results in building a better connection with them when you address someone by their name.
Guest posting always be one of the most important link building strategies. By contributing quality content to reputable blogs, you may increase the reach of your audience, build credibility, and create networking opportunities that help gain high-quality backlinks. Overall, take the help of tools like Google Analytics to monitor referral traffic and backlink growth.