Businesses are compelled to go online owing to changing scenarios. New tools and techniques for promoting businesses are also emerging and evolving. Nowadays, businesses are looking forward to promoting their brands digitally through digital marketing. Ultimately, the term content writing is gaining popularity and significance in every type of industry. So naturally, there are many questions which occur in the minds of people as to why content writing matters for brands and business.
Role in digital marketing:
Those who are not aware of digital marketing, Here is a simple definition to provide conceptual clarity” promoting brands, products and marketable things on various internet channels”. In other words, digital marketing refers to all the activities done on the internet and electric channels with a view to reduce or remove the gaps between buyers and sellers.
The scope of digital marketing is very wide and involves many techniques for brand promotion. Following are the techniques deployed in digital marketing.
• SEO: Search engine optimization:-
A technique to get top ranking on search engine result pages with an objective to increase traffic and visitor to a particular website
• Social media marketing: using social media sites and platforms to get connected with your audience. It includes Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram.
• E-mail marketing: reaching out to people directly to convert them into clients using mailing techniques
• Social media optimization: making your website and its pages ready to work in harmony with social media platforms.
• Content Marketing: an approach to create and distribute relevant, engaging, and interesting content suiting the requirements of people who can be converted into loyal buyers.
Content and its types
Content plays an indispensable part in a successful digital marketing strategy. No matter what strategy you adopt SEO, E-mail, Social media, or other, effectively and beautifully written content can work wonderfully for achieving organizational objectives. To convey your ideas without chances of ambiguity, it is necessary to understand what constitutes content :
• Images and graphics: Images and digital graphics are continuously becoming prerequisites for every advertisement campaign. Developing and choosing captivating pictures and graphics requires creativity.
• Video: moving pictures are more able to capture attention. As a result, videos are trying to replace text and graphics at a tremendous pace. Videos can display the sentimental sphere of promotion easily and help in linking customers emotionally.
• Text: although the text has been the oldest form of communication in selling and promotion. It is still playing an effective part in the communication of brand and organizational messages. Anything written on the pretext of marketing is text content, however, writing result-oriented content demands patience and hard work
• Audio and podcast: this is probably the newest form of context which is gaining popularity amongst people. These audio records with short durations are targeting a specific topic or recorded around a theme/background. The reasons underlying its admiration are flexibility and topic-orientation.
Content writing includes planning about what to write, how to write or edit, and when to write content regarding products or services in order to market them over digital platforms. There are various factors that determine the style, choice of words, and even grammar for content. Some of the factors which determine the final structure of written content are mentioned below:
• Nature of product or service
• Objective of content
• Target population for which content is written
Types of content writing
As a content writer one may have to write different sorts of content each varied in style, vocabulary, persuasion, etc. although the list of a variety of content writing is very long. Here are some of the major content writing techniques which are commonly
• Blogs: it is a great way to communicate with people. In blogs, regular information is updated about a particular topic. Many big companies having their own websites maintain their blog pages where they interact with their visitors. Moreover, such a brand informs about new products and service offerings.
• Articles: while blogs are of promotional nature, articles are written with the objective to provide detailed and valuable information on a particular topic. Contrary to blogs articles are longer and backed by authentic records
• Web content: website can convey a lot of information and all the written information posted on a website falls under this category. In web content writing, writers try to attract a potential customer.
• E-books: everyone is familiar with books. However, when paper books are converted into electronic books they require a content writer. Here writer aims to convert physical material into virtual type.
• Copywriting: it means deployment of text for marketing or advertising purposes. In copywriting, vocabulary and creativity play an important role. The goal is to get the attention of the prospectus to make them start their conversion journey.
Why content writing is important:
• Tells about your brand:
No business can be a success unless it has a brand community. there are a lot of prospects for a business. However, it is quite possible that they don’t know what a business house does. As a result, they are a little away from being your customer.
Content writing plays a vital role in building trust between a business and its customer. By providing the proper information regarding your product or service, its features, functionality at websites, lots of doubts can be eliminated at an early stage.
Such content talks about the specialization of a company Information over your website helps customers take action as per their needs.
• For search engine result pages:
Search engine result pages are always the center point of attraction for companies. Brands always aim to rank higher in the Google search ranking to get more traffic on their websites. Getting more traffic on the website creates more chances of macro conversions.
All such ranking techniques are part of on-page search engine optimization which is itself based on the relevancy of content and keywords. SEO is the art and science of ranking at the top of the search engine results page (SERP).
With the right choice of keywords and interesting content, digital marketers can rank business websites higher and ensure dense traffic. All this can act as a competitive strategy to grow your brand digitally to new heights.
• Link generation and sharing.
If your content is instructive and can provide valuable insights it becomes worth sharing. Such content can generate enough links. Having more links is considered favorable for websites because link aids in acquiring more visitors. This is because websites with enough links are always indexed higher by Google as a priority.
• To convert traffic into Conversion:
as traditional marketing is getting off the trail to success and digital marketing is replacing it rapidly. Every business entity is working to get more and more customers. With compelling and persuasive content writing this goal can be achieved easily.
The entire journey of buying a product includes many steps and if your content skills can cater to the informational needs of visitors they can end up being new clients. All you need is interesting, reliable sentences with call action words at suitable timing.
• To retain customer base:
It is very difficult for brands to excel if they don’t have a brand community. Brand community refers to people who are loyal and emotionally attached to a brand and they go for all of the branded items offered by a particular company.
Content writing plays an integral part in ensuring resilient and long term relations with existing customers. An organization should inform its current customer base about the development of its products and services. This is done by regular posting over social media, blog posts, and solving doubts in chat boxes.
• For advertisement:
The promotional efforts on the part of a company are always determined as per the nature of the audiences which are being targeted. Having expertise in content is very important from this perspective. If you are able to create an advertisement with limited content that provides a lot of information with the clarity of meaning. You are all set to become successful in acquiring customers.
It is also necessary to have knowledge of keywords to make advertisements surrounding these keywords so that digital stage such as Google adverts can show it on SERP. Make it a priority to analyze customer segments, current trends, and requirements to design the creative copy-write text.
• Information about product and services:
Almost every brand launches a new or upgraded product at intervals. Informing about these events can be a great contributor to organization survival. This can help in two ways. Firstly, existing consumers aspiring something new get to know about product developments and functions.
Secondly, keeping in touch with your brand community helps you to identify shortcomings or modification requirements for product improvement. Companies that rely on working over the feedback reap benefits in the long run.
The significance of content writing is clear for the contributions it offers while preparing successful campaigns for promotional efforts. Although, nature, style, and elements of content keep changing on the basis of the objective of your promotional strategies or the platform you are about to use.
However, content writing becomes an inalienable piece in digital marketing whether you are writing for brand awareness, conversion, or informational purposes. During the entire process of purchase decisions of a buyer, content can exert a strong influence. By giving a clear picture of the product to conversions of loyal customers into part of the brand community, the Right content skills can add revenue to your business model.