One thing that has been established beyond doubt is that we are living in the middle of a voice search revolution. Right now voice search is huge and it is only likely to get bigger in the coming time. Users of different age groups, gender, ethnicity, nationality, professional specialization are making use of voice searches irrespective of the kind of information they are looking for. Experts opinion “this is definitely the next big thing or trend” which can be spotted in virtual behavior of people across the world.
Surveys have proven the fact that nearly 41% of adult users of Google make use of voice search daily. Out of this figure nearly 55% users are teenagers. About 20% of the mobiles queries generated across Google are voice searches in the recent times. Voice search has grown by a margin of 35 times than what it used to be back in 2008. The figures revealed in the surveys clearly points out at the fact that the trend of voice search is already here. Nearly 25% of all Windows 10 desktop searches are done through voice searches. The arrival of devices like Amazon echo have got people so used to voice searches that they cannot think of imagine going back any more.
Reasons for its growth
The reasons for the growth of voice search in the current times are numerous. Let us take a look at them:
- Speed – This is one of the main reasons that explain the huge popularity of voice searches in the current time. It has been clearly explained that voice searches are as fast as 3.7 X as search across keyboard. Faster searches mean faster answers. Naturally we can understand why more and more users are opting for voice searches instead of keyboard.
- Best suited for mobile purchase – Voice search is a pattern which is highly compatible for searching information across mobile. Nearly 75% of searches generated across search engines are done through mobile phones. Naturally the number of the volume of voice searches is on a high in the current times.
- Greater convenience – The facility of not having to type words across keyboards for queries and questions is highly convenient. Saying the same thing is as easy as a breeze in comparison.
Voice search and search patterns
One thing that has been proven so far is that voice searches can affect and change the way search engine traffic look for information. The feature of voice search can change people search approach in a couple of ways. Now the searches can be longer and they can be much more conversational. A survey report on the searches generated across the Google shows that now people are making use of these search features more frequently and on different context. Search parameters like ‘near me now’ have grown for over more than 150% in the last couple of years. People make a greater use of such a voice searches in public places like the gym, restaurant and even public bathrooms. No wonder the modern search engines are also referred to as answer engines.
Keywords for voice search
- Natural language – When searching for keyword for voice searches the choice of keywords must be more natural language oriented. This is exactly why robotic words like diet, athlete, paleo etc are getting replaced by choice of words which are more commonly heard in regular conversation between individuals. Now the keywords for voice search must have a more natural sound to them which will give a big boost to a particular product or service.
- Long keywords are in – That is exactly what you heard! Earlier SEO expert tried to avoid insanely long keywords. Simple reason for this was because earlier when searches were generated through typing on keyboard such long keywords were avoided by users. Naturally they did not have any role to play in the SEO strategies. However in the current time with the voice search taking over the domain the normal keyword length is also getting enhanced. This is the correct time when you can use particularly long keywords which are otherwise perfectly normal in regular oral or verbal communication.
- Keywords posing a question – Recent trends have inaugurated the fact that a majority of voice searches are generally projected through a form of a question. Another word that is generally generated in the form of a question of cross voice searches. This is one of the aspects that must be borne in mind while selecting keywords for your voice search plans.
Optimize your site for voice searches
These days if you wish your website to offer you maximum benefit making the most of the recent trend of voice searches you need to play the game by a certain set of rules let us take a look at them.
- Concise answers – The content of your website must be so designed that it should offer crisp and concise answers to queries generated in the context of similar topic.
- Create voice search FAQ pages – FAQ frequently asked questions pages can be extremely useful for voice search. They offer concise answers to precise questions which can make your website highly reactive and responsive to different voice searches. This will obviously give a greater advantage and visibility to your website.
- Featured snippets – This is a very effective cheat code which can respond like magic to any kind of voice search for stop service have revealed that more than 40.7 % of voice search answers are generated from featured snippets.
Voice search is a pattern or traffic behavior across virtual platforms, which is here to stay. People are making use of this feature and are likely to do so in the coming times as well. Naturally web developers must take this aspect into their consideration at the time of designing new creations in the coming times.
Currently serving as the Managing Director of SEO Discovery, Mandeep Singh is an ardent reader, learner, and writer. He embarked on a career in Digital Marketing decades ago. Since then, he has been providing solutions to many businesses. He also takes time to keep readers posted with what he learned while building his years of experience. That’s so because he believes in the concept of sharing his expertise.